I have to tell you… I bought the Torta Sandwich Rolls from Costco with the specific intent to use them for this post and my hubby’s lunches this week. I got home, divided up the bread into ziplocs and tossed the original bag. I.have.never.bought.these.before. I didn’t realize my mistake until I sat down to start typing this post… the garbage truck came this morning so there was no chance of finding that bag (not that I’d really dig through the trash anyway). lol That being said, thankfully Google exists!
So on to this sandwich and no, I’m not giving away the sandwich… eww. I’m a Good Cook Kitchen Expert (not feeling too expert’ish right now after that confession lol) and this month, we were suppose to create the ultimate, the amazing… okay… a sandwich, but a really yummy one using their ultimate and amazing sandwich kit and that’s what I’ll be giving away at the end of this post.
See that bread there in the picture? That is a Torta Sandwich Roll… if you’re like me and don’t know what you buy. Okay, enough of my confession.
Flexible cutting boards… I use them all the time. Especially for things like cutting produce. I love how Good Cook’s pack has 4 colors: pink, red, white and green. And see that pretty purple knife? You’ll be seeing more of that thing in pictures to come. That is their non-stick sandwich knife. And yes…. there’s that Torta Roll again. When I tell my husband about that, he’ll forever remind me of my forgetfulness. :-)
This is Good Cook’s cheese slicer. I have never used one like this but I’m starting to get the hang of it and I really like it. At first, I was slicing it way to thick… then too thin. Apparently, I might be a slow learner but it’s coming to me.
Good Cook’s Slice Precise. I.love.this.thing. I am the world’s worst slicer. Without lines I write crooked and I cut crooked. I love how you can use each section or…
…skip sections for thicker cuts. Very cool. And see, there’s that purple sandwich knife again. I tried the Slice Precise with an onion, and either I’m beyond help with thin slices on onions or the Slice Precise doesn’t work quite as well with more dense veggies. I’m going to try it out on some other things but I do know it works well on tomatoes.
Yes, I was a big camera happy tonight. I love the colors… purple, red and green.
Now that I tested everything, let’s make the sandwich. First, go toast that Torta bread… if you can find it. lol While the Torta bread is toasting, mix up your sauce. You need mayo (about a tablespoon), dijon mustard (about a teaspoon) and bbq sauce (about 2 tablespoons).
Mix together real well.
Start by smothering on the sauce. Next, layer your chicken, cheese, arugula, onion and tomato.
And this… this is Good Cook’s sandwich keeper! One of the first things I noticed about this sandwich keeper is that it is taller in height than most sandwich keepers. You know how the ones you see in the store barely hold two slices of regular bread? Not even counting if you want to added extra things to your sandwich like tomatoes, onions and lettuce? Yeah, the sandwiches often end up smooshed. This sandwich is extra tall compared to something like a PBJ. There is no way this would fit in one of those other keepers but I did get it to fit into Good Cook’s keeper. I think my husband will be happy tomorrow.
Now here is the recipe but be sure to keep reading so you can enter the giveaway and see all the other yummy sandwich creations.
- BBQ Chicken
- Torta Bread
- Arugula (or lettuce)
- Red Onion
- 1 T. Mayo
- 2 T. BBQ Sauce
- 1 t. Dijon Mustard
- Toast your bread.
- Mix the mayo, bbq sauce and mustard together.
- Spread on toasted bread. Add bbq'ed chicken, cheese, arugula, red onion and tomato. Add last slice of bread and enjoy. :-)
- Contest is open USA to ages 18+.
- Void where prohibited by Law.
- Winners will be announced on the post after they have been selected and verified.
- Winners will be notified via email. Winners will have 48 hrs to confirm and accept or another winner will be drawn.
- Giveaway closes at 11:59pm PST on June 26,2013.
- All other entries on the form are optional, but will greatly increase your chances of winning the more entries you complete.
- See complete rules and regulations on the entry form below.
- By entering this giveaway you are providing your information to Practical Savings for contest purposes only. Your information will not be used for any other purpose than to verify contest entries and to notify and award prize to the winner.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize to ship.