Weight Watcher’s Turkey, Bean and Vegetable Chili
- Oil or cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (93%), uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrot, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium orange pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 29 oz fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 15-1/5 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz fat-free refried beans
- Add oil or spray large pan. Brown turkey, breaking up meat as it cooks, approx. 10 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl, set aside.
- Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add carrots, celery and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for approx. 5 minutes. Add chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper; stir for approx. 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, refried beans and turkey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered and stirring every 5 minutes or so. Cook for approx. 35 minutes total.
- Serving size: 1-1/2 cups. Weight Watcher’s Points Per Serving: 5.
I made a Weight Watcher’s Corn Bread recipe to serve along side this. It too was 5 points per serving.
Do you have a recipe that you’d like to share? It does not have to be a Weight Watcher’s recipe (although they are welcomed).