Since we gave up white flour and most processed foods, I needed to find a replacement for Bisquick. If you Google ‘Baking Mix’ or ‘Bisquick Mix’ you’ll find tons of recipes out there that work as a replacement. Here is the one I use and really like.
- 10 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 8 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1-1/4 cup Powdered Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 cup Raw Sugar/Turbinado
- 2-1/4 cup cold Coconut Oil or Shortening
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in oil or shortening until mix crumbles. Store in an air tight container and keep in a cool place like the freezer. You use this cup for cup on recipes calling for Bisquick.