When reading this recipe that was submitted by a reader, I decided to use my trifle dish as I thought it would be nice to see some of the layering (plus, I didn’t know what other dish to put it in lol). This was a huge hit with all my kids and my husband. I couldn’t find pre-made gingerbread at my store so I went ahead and bought a box mix and made it myself. Thank you to reader, Texas, for submitting this yummy recipe. It’s another one that I will be making for our Thanksgiving dinner/dessert!
[Tweet “Gingerbread Trifle – #holidayfood #frugalliving #frugalfood “]
- 1 small store-purchased gingerbread
- 1 sm. package instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 sm. bowl frozen whipped topping
- 1 pkg. "Stage Plank" cookies or a few gingersnaps (never heard of "stage plank" so I went with gingersnaps)
- Prepare pudding as directed (and in my case, the gingerbread cake).
- Layer gingerbread, whipped topping, and pudding twice. I also had enough cookies to add two layers of those. I put them between the whipped topping and pudding.
- Top with crumbled "Stage Plank" or gingersnaps.
- Chill for one hour.
If you love trifles and have leftover cranberry sauce, consider making this Cranberry Sauce Trifle.
Follow Practical Savings’s board Holiday Foods on Pinterest.
Create Account says