The baby is not here yet (4 days late so far) so I am not actually counting points just yet and I’ve had to do some rearranging to our February meal plan because… well, I didn’t think through everything. Like, how I had ground beef meals picked for a Monday and Schwan’s doesn’t come until Wednesday (which is where we get our ground beef). And tonight, I made dinner thinking it was Wednesday, not Tuesday. lol I think I have a bad case of pregnancy brain right now.
Anyway, dinner was still delicious despite the fact that I cooked it on the wrong day and here is the recipe.
- Grated zest of one orange
- ½ cup orange juice (I used fresh - yum)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 (6 oz) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 3 (6 oz) bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 3 cups hot cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 (11 oz) can of mandarin orange segments, drained
- ¼ cup dried currents
- Combine your orange zest, juice, lime juice, honey, salt and black pepper in a large ziplock bag and mix it around a bit. Add in the chicken and remove air. Work the chicken around in the marinade for a bit to make sure it's fully coated and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Spray your broiler rack with nonstick spray and preheat your broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and toss the marinade. Place chicken on your broiler rack and place in the broiler. Cook chicken for about 25 minutes, turning once halfway through so as to brown both sides.
- While chicken is broiling, cook your couscous according to the directions on the package. Place in a bowl and add the mandarin segments along with the currants and mix.