This recipe is a bit of a twist on your normal rice crispy treats. This is easy, quick and very yummy. 🙂 You can toast your rice puffs in the oven before hand for an added crisp if you like or you can just toss them into the bowl. If you want to toast them, place them in a large pan with sides, heat your oven to 350 degrees and place the rice puffs on the middle shelf. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Once done, return them to a large bowl and proceed. 🙂
[Tweet “Peanut Butter Rice Puff Squares”]
- 3 T. Butter
- 4 c. mini marshmellows
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 6 c. puffed rice
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/4 c peanut butter (for top)
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Melt your butter in a large sauce pan or stock pot. Add in your marshmallows, stirring them until they’ve melted. Add in the peanut butter and stir. Cook until the peanut butter has melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the puffed rice to the pan/pot and stir until well coated. Press the mixture into a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- While the mixture is cooling, melt the last of the peanut butter. Drizzle melted peanut butter over the top. Cut up and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container.