I loved reading and testing the recipes that came through my email the last few weeks. Our family has certainly enjoyed the dishes you’ve shared with us and I look forward to sharing them with our extended family during these holiday months.
This recipe was the first submission I received and came from PS reader, Shelley H. I have to say it was a yummy twist on the typical cranberry sauce. My whole family enjoyed it.
[Tweet “Cranberry Apple Salad – #frugalfood #holidayfood #frugalliving #Cranberries”]
One of the nice things I noticed about this recipe was the fact that all the ingredients are things I typically have on hand for this time of year. It required no extra trips to the store (always a good thing when you have 5 kids, right?) and it didn’t have any hard-to-find ingredients.
I hope you enjoy Shelley’s recipe.
- 1 pkg cherry jello
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- ¾ cup chopped celery (fine)
- 1 apple diced (with skin on) Gala
- ¾ cup walnuts
- Dissolve jello in 1 cup of boiling water. Stir in whole cranberry sauce and let thicken in fridge for 1 hour.
- Add celery, apples and walnuts and stir.
- Serve chilled.