Welcome to Day 1 of Pumpkin Week! I’m so excited to be sharing a full week of pumpkin related recipes. We’re going to start off with a muffin that combines two of the most popular flavors at this time of year… pumpkin and cranberry!
[Tweet “Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins – #holidayfood #pumpkin #cranberry #muffins #frugalliving”]
- 2 c. pumpkin puree
- 3 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. ground cloves
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. ground nutmeg
- 1 t. ground allspice
- 1 t. salt
- 2/3 c. oil (I used coconut)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your muffin tin or use paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, beat together pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into your muffin pan/liners until each cup is 2/3 full.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Now, I didn’t add it to these but if you wanted to, you could add a delicious crumb topping to this muffin or a delectable cream cheese frosting.