If you saw my Facebook status earlier, you saw that I was making these for breakfast. Today’s breakfast is muffins (see my Monday Menu Planning post) and this was the muffin of choice according to my children. This recipe was originally in the big red Betty Crocker’s cookbook but I changed the few things to fit the way we are trying to eat. Enjoy! 🙂
[Tweet “Cranberry Orange Muffins – #holidayfavorites @practicalsaving”]
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (vegetable or canola oil will also work)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (all purpose will also work)
- 1/2 cup honey (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease or line regular size muffin pan.
- Beat milk, oil, egg and grated orange peel in large bowl with fork or wire whisk.
- Stir in flour, honey, baking powder and salt all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in cranberries. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake 20 or 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tip: If baked in a greased pan, let stand about 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan.