You can see my review on Relish! here. Meal planning can be tough so I really enjoyed my break this month and plan on continuing with Relish! from here on out to help with my menu planning. These are just a couple of the recipes you’ll find on Relish! if you decide to try their awesome service. Please note that these recipes are posted with permission from Relish!
[Tweet “#Chicken quesadillas, corn relish & watermelon salad – #flavorsofsummer “]
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 30 oz black beans, rinsed and drained (two 15oz cans)
- 2 lbs chicken tenders (I used skinless/boneless breast since that's all I had)
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared chunky salsa
- Berry Salad:
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Quesadillas & Relish:
- In a large bowl, combine and whisk the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Take half of the mixture and pour into a resealable bag. Leave the other half of the mixture in the bowl and add black beans.
- Toss chicken into the bag of marinade that you just made and refrigerate until you're ready.
- Heat your grill and place corn on it. Cook corn for approximately 12 minutes, turning until some of the kernels are charred. Remove corn from the grill and cut the kernels from the cobs (I cut them in half to make this easier). Add cut corn to the beans in the bowl and stir. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place on the grill (don't forget to discard the marinade). Grill until the chicken is no longer pink in center. Slice cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Place tortillas on the grill. Divide the cheese, chicken and some corn relish into each tortilla. Fold in half and grill for about 1 minute per side. Repeat until you've used all the chicken and cheese.
- Serve Quesadillas with sour cream, salsa and remaining corn relish.
- Watermelon & Berry Salad
- Mix watermelon, strawberries, blueberries and sugar in a large bowl. Toss ingredients very gently as to not mush the berries. Cover and let stand at least 30 minutes.
Chicken Quesadilla Weight Watcher Points: 15 per serving
Watermelon & Berry Salad Weight Watcher Points: 2 per serving
Visit Practical Savings’s profile on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply